To our Valued Members,
With this weekend’s headlines regarding the FDIC shuttering a California bank, we realize you may have questions about the money you have deposited with Tongass FCU.
Don't worry. Your money is safe here. The National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund insures your money, and it is protected up to $250,000 per individual depositor. For more information, visit their website.
Unlike for-profit financial institutions, your credit union is a not-for-profit cooperative, owned by you and the other members using our services.
- All decisions about the products and services offered are made in your best interests.
- Our cooperative, not-for-profit structure inherently holds us accountable to you and to the other members. We do not have stockholders. We do not engage in risky practices to meet stockholders’ profit demands.
- Our portfolio is diverse and not dependent on a sole industry. Our services are diverse. We are here for Main Street, not Wall Street.
- We live and work in Southeast Alaska, taking local deposits and making local loans.
- We are healthy, strong, safe, local, and focused on building thriving communities.
- If you have questions about our capital, credit, or liquidity strength, please get in touch with us.
Tongass Federal Credit Union is safe and sound. We exceed the financial standards regulators require for a credit union to be considered well-capitalized.
If you have questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us by email at email@example.com or call 1-800-960-8328.
And as always, if you do find yourself in a financial emergency, reach out, so we can help you with a solution.
Helen Mickel, President/CEO